With the holidays around the corner pinterest is over flowing with quick and easy recipes, but I’ve seen almost no mushroom recipes. As a fungi lover, I had to remedy this problem so I threw together a super simple mushroom side dish recipe. Try it out for yourself and let me know how you like it!
- 2 packages of Mushrooms
- Green Onion
- Olive Oil/Butter
- Beef/Chicken/Vegetable stock, or Wine if you’re feeling fancy
- Salt & Pepper (and any additional spices you enjoy)
- Flour/Gravy powder (optional)
Step 1: Wash and Cut Mushrooms.
Step 2: Heat oil in skillet.
Step 3: Add mushrooms to skillet, deglaze the pan with stock of choice.
Step 4: Cut green onion. I like to cut mine with kitchen scissors.
Step 5: Add green onion and salt & pepper to taste.
Optional: Add additional spices such as garlic, herbs de provence, onion powder…
Step 6: Once the mushrooms are cooked through you have two options
1) Add a pinch of flour or gravy powder to the liquid left over in the pan to thicken up the dish a bit.
2) Remove the extra liquid from the pan and add a bit of butter.
And you’re done! That’s it! Wasn’t that fast?
This dish is delicious on its’ own or over rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes.